Taxware Systems is always looking to provide information and technology that could benefit and improve the tax practices of our clients.
As a client of Taxware Systems you are entitled to receive 10-25% off all TheTaxBook products and free shipping year-round!
Excitement is in the air for the 2018 Tax Year! Your clients want to know how the changes in tax law affect their tax return and financial situation. TheTaxBook has three publications to help you understand and master all of the updated provisions from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act!
When ordering, be sure to use Taxware’s Promo Code 785 to ensure you receive the negotiated discount.
Order at: www.thetaxbook.com/TaxwareSystems
Taxware Promo Code: 785
Taxware Systems clients receive 5 free services with any order from TheTaxBook:
- Tax Industry News
- Free Online Credit Hours
- Tools for Tax Pros
- Message Board
- TheTaxBook Updates!
With the NextGen Wintax program, you can reprint and reprocess “rehang” your previously electronically filed acknowledgements whenever you may need them.
- Navigate to the NextGen Wintax main menu and select “E-File Status.”
- Select the client that you would like to reprint/reprocess by single-clicking it in the list.
- This will highlight the client in blue.
Reprocess “Rehang” Acknowledgements:
- If you never received an acknowledgement for the client and the client is still listed in yellow with a status of “Awaiting Acknowledgement,” click the button that says “[F2] History.” (*alternatively you can press [F2] on your keyboard*)
- This will bring you to a list of all the previously filed returns for the selected client.
- This will change the status in the e-file list to either “Accepted” or “Rejected.”
By Greg Van Holsbeck, Taxware Technician
We are attending several shows this year, please stop by to say hello!
If you stop by our booth we will enter your name into a drawing for a $50 Visa Gift Card. If you bring a friend to introduce to Taxware, you will receive a second entry for the drawing. We will have one drawing at the of every show and it will take place at the end of the last day of that show.
Shows we are attending:
- July 30th – Aug. 2nd: Latino Tax Fest – Las Vegas, NV Booth #4
- Aug. 6th-8th: IRS Nationwide Tax Forum – San Diego, CA Booth #366
- Aug. 6th-9th: NATP National Conference – Anaheim, CA Booth #41
- Aug. 20th-22nd: IRS Nationwide Tax Forum – Chicago, IL Booth #424
- Sept. 10th-12th: IRS Nationwide Tax Forum – Orlando, FL Booth #507
We hope to see you there!
Taxware Systems Refer-A-Friend Program
Did you know if you refer someone to us, and they sign up, you get $100 off your software?
Have your friends call us today at 800-877-1065, so they can also – Experience the Taxware Difference
Electronic Filing Identification Numbers (EFINs):
An EFIN is a six digit number assigned by the IRS for identifying tax firms.
Anyone filing more than 10 returns in a tax year must do so electronically through their firm’s EFIN.
How to acquire an EFIN:
Step 1- Follow this link
Step 2- Select “Create Account” and fill out the information to create your e-Services account.
Step 3- Fill out an application to become an Authorized e-file Provider from your e-Services account.
Step 4- You will be asked to complete a suitability check. The suitability check may include a fingerprint, credit check, criminal background check, a tax compliance check and a check for previous non-compliance with IRS e-file requirements.
This process may take up to 45 days, so we suggest applying for an EFIN as soon as possible to make sure you are ready for the next tax year.
Professional Preparer Tax Identification Numbers (PTINs):
The PTIN is a nine-digit number that is used to identify a paid tax preparer of any federal tax return or claim of refund.
Anyone who prepares or assists in preparing federal tax returns for compensation must have a valid PTIN.
PTINs expire at the end of every year and must be renewed annually in order to prepare taxes.
How to register for or renew a PTIN:
Step 1: Access your e-Services account
Step 2: Verify your personal information and answer the questions provided.
Step 3: Confirm PTIN renewal
If you do not have a PTIN and need to obtain one, you can go here to get started.
Bilingual (Spanish-English) Software Sales Representative (Start Date: June 2018)
Taxware Systems, Inc. is a Tax and Accounting Software Development Company located in the Inland Empire that has been in business since 1979. We develop and sell tax preparation and accounting software in a business to business market.
We are experiencing excellent growth with the Latino community of tax preparers and are looking to hire 1 additional Spanish speaking software sales representative. The position requires a proactive individual with strong sales skills and an outgoing personality. Introductory knowledge about taxes will be a plus for this position.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Excellent Customer service skills and prior sales experience in a B2B sales environment required.
- Computer related technical skills required including- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience or knowledge of Income Tax is a plus, not required, but must be willing to learn.
- Maintain detailed customer files in CRM
- High level of interpersonal skills required and an applicant with an outgoing personality will thrive in this position.
- Manage customer leads in person and on the phone.
- Provide technical support after programs are purchased.
- Software demonstration skills for both new sales and current clients.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving customer concerns with a positive attitude.
- Commitment to honesty and integrity with customers and colleagues.
- (1) Full Time Sales Position – business to business clientele
- Be able to attend Professional Trade Shows out of state (2-4 year)
- Compensation provides a generous hourly base plus commission
- Monday through Friday with half-day Saturday-seasonally, on occasion
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance plans available to full time employees after waiting period
Start Date: June 2018
Please e-mail resumes to Sales@taxwaresystems.com for consideration.
Catherine Dalton :: Sales Manager
Taxware Systems, Inc.
Congratulations! You made it!
The high pressure of an even more compact tax season has come to an end. All of us at Taxware Systems congratulate you on making it through and hopefully having a great tax season. The IRS made it interesting at the end with their servers going down on the last day but they are back up now and the systems should get caught up tonight with acknowledgements.
We too will be celebrating our favorite holiday by closing the office on Friday, April 20th for a well-deserved break for our amazing staff.
As a reminder, starting Wednesday, April 18th we will return to our regular business hours of M-F 8AM to 5PM PST.
As you can see we are always making improvements to our brand, our software and our ability to communicate effectively with you, our clients.
As always, our tech support and sales team is here to help you year-round. After you take a much-needed break, please call us during the off season to delve further into the functionality and features of our programs. We will gladly make the time to demonstrate and answer your questions one on one.
Your invoice for the 2018 tax year will be in the mail shortly. Early renewal pricing is available until May 31st, so be sure to secure that benefit for your company.
New Wintax Program, New Website, and now a New Logo!
What is NOT NEW? Our dedication to our fantastic clients, many of whom have been with us for over 30 years! Thank you for the trust you place in us every year in this truly ever-changing industry. It is a pleasure to provide your tax and accounting preparation software
Toward the end of tax season, we field some telephone calls helping clients transmit extension form 4868 for their clients. When the telephone call is about finished the client will make a comment something along the lines of “thanks, one down 40 to go!”. It’s about that time Taxware customer support becomes their best friend when they let them know that there is an easier way to do all their extensions in a batch.
For our Legacy clients this process is done using a utility program called “Client Comparison”. Like the name of the program eludes to, this program basically compares your current year data folder with your prior year data folder to build a database of the tax payers you haven’t recalled and worked with yet. With this database you can send extensions in a batch.
This utility program is available now at our downloads page. We have included both a “How To” use the program guide as well as an “Electronic Filing” guide. Here is the link to the access the Client Comparison download page. Please follow the instructions on the download page and then click the help buttons in the program to access these guides.
Here is a link for a step by step guide showing how to use the comparison tool and how to batch e-file extensions.
The IRS encourages everyone to use the Withholding Calculator to perform a quick “paycheck checkup.” This is even more important this year because of recent tax law changes.
Results from the calculator will include a recommendation of whether or not users should consider submitting a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, to their employers. Before beginning, taxpayers should have a copy of their most recent pay stub and tax return.
Need Technical Support?
We are always one phone call away! Give us a call at (800) 877-1065.
924 W. 9th Street
Upland, CA, United States
January – April: Mon-Fri 7AM-6PM PST
May – December: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM PST