Taxpayers can now instantly get tax info on Instagram
Taxpayers can now get tax tips and helpful news from the IRS on Instagram. The agency just debuted it’s official Instagram account, IRSNews, which users can access at www.instagram.com/irsnews or on their smartphone using the Instagram app.
Last year’s tax reform law brought many tax law changes that will affect virtually every taxpayer. The IRS Instagram account will share taxpayer-friendly information to help people better understand these changes.
The IRS will use its new Instagram account it to:
- Provide the latest tax scam information to help taxpayers keep their personal data secure.
- Better serve young adults, the majority of whom use Instagram.
- Share information in Spanish and other languages.
- Reinforce messages the IRS promotes on its other social accounts.
The IRS will use Instagram along with several other social media tools to communicate with taxpayers:
- YouTube: The IRS offers video tax tips in English, Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Twitter: Taxpayers can follow @IRSnews for tax-related announcements and tips. @IRStaxpros tweets news and guidance for tax professionals. Tweets from @IRSenEspanol have and the latest tax information in Spanish. @IRSTaxSecurity tweets tax scam alerts.
- Facebook. News and information for taxpayers and tax return preparers.
- LinkedIn. The IRS shares agency updates and job opportunities.
The IRS also has their own app, IRS2Go. Taxpayers can use this free mobile app to check their refund status, pay taxes, find free tax help, watch IRS YouTube videos and get IRS Tax Tips by email. Like Instagram, the IRS2Go app is available from the Google Play Store for Android devices, or from the Apple App Store for Apple devices. IRS2Go is available in both English and Spanish.
*This message was distributed from IRS Tax Tips. For more information on federal taxes please visit IRS.gov.
I love taxware
This is cool that I can get information on instagram.
Ayy IRS knows instagram > snapchat
With all the cyber hacking we live with in this day and age, this is very helpful information. Again as always Taxware is on it with the info.
Glad to see the IRS is jumping in on Social Media!
I love the program I really would recommend it to everyone
I love that know we can acess important information and be able to share to our customer via trought a click of a button.